2016 Hair Product Favs
It's 2017 and during my hair journey of 2016, I fell head over heels for 13 products. Although, I kept my hair in a protected style 9 months out of the year, there were a few products that I couldn't do without. These products aided in my 3-6 inches of hair growth, health and thickening.
Going in order of my hair care routine, here are my 2016 Hair Product Favs:
1. Shea Moistures' Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo. This shampoo was simply amazing at clarifying my hair without stripping it. My scalp felt invigorating and my hair was soft. I kept my hair braided or in twists for 6 to 9 weeks. I really loved the results I got from this shampoo. I added 4 drops of organic essential peppermint oil to the shampoo.
2. Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner. I love this to detangle my hair with after shampooing and before deep conditioning. It has wonderful slip along with being moisturizing. My curls really clump with this product. I have been using this conditioner for 7 years. It's a true oldie but goodie.
3. Shea Moistures' Jamaican Black Castor Oil Masque. I get a boost of protein, plus moisture with this treatment and it leaves my hair soft and revived. I add 4 drops of peppermint oil to this masque then deep condition 45mins to an hour.
4. Garnier Whole Blends Avocado Oil and Shea Butter. I used this as a leave-in. Plus moisturizer for my hair during my protective style.
5. Shea Moistures' Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave In Conditioner. I love this so much. I keep 2 jars at a time. It's light weight but really great at moisturizing my hair. My hair cant get enough. This has become a true staple product
6. Crème of Nature Strength and Shine Leave In Conditioner. I love spraying this on my hair before applying my leave in creams, and as a refresher for my braids and twist.
7. Aphgee Pro-vitamin Leave In Conditioner. I love praying this on my ends for special treatment to my hair. It is also my 2nd go to as a refresher during the week.
8. Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Weightless Hydration Oil. I use this to add shine, seal my braids and twist when needed.
9. Aunt Jackie's Don't Shrink Flaxseed Elongating Curling Gel. I use for my buns, twist, braids and edges.
10. Essential Peppermint Oil. I add 4 drops to all my Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Products. I also use it as part of my weekly hot oil scalp massages and treatments on wash day.
11. Lavender Jamaican Black Castor Oil. The main oil used as part of my weekly hot oil scalp massages and treatments on wash day.
12. Smooth n Shine Polishing Bodifying Mousse. My hair doesn't get a cast or hardens when I use gels typically. So adding a mousse on top helps with giving it an extra hold. I need the extra hold for my edges, buns and etc.
13. Crème of Nature Argan Oil Perfect Edges. This was used for them edges when it starts looking like weeds, lol. This product is not pictured below. I am all out and must stock up. I will add a separate picture.
And there you have it. My Loves for 2016.