She's the Milk to his Sizz | Milk
Updated: Oct 16, 2020
Milk + Sizz, a husband and wife music production team and Milk is the first lady of the Grammy Award Winning duo. Finding success in Reggaeton, R&B, Pop and Hip Hop; the talents of Milk+Sizz spans genres and nations. They earned both Grammy and Latin Grammy awards on Winsin &Yandel’s 3-time certified PLATINUM album Winsin & Yandel: Los Extraterrestres. They are all about live music and vibes. I had the pleasure of experiencing those things last year when I attended a night at their event "SOUNDBOARD".
SOUNDBOARD, was an organic impromptu jam session. Music lovers, producers, musical artist could gather in the artsy venue @ Studio No. 7 in Atlanta, GA and just vibe out. There was nothing but love and passion in the building. All ages and nationalities alike reflecting Milk + Sizz diverse style. I was loving the support and love of the women, especially Milk's. Just a beautiful and talented spirit. I knew I had to get with her for a quick Q&A about her, her passion and the amazing duo that is Milk + Sizz.
Below is my Q&A: 1. Were did the name "Milk n Sizz" come from? It's a combination of my nickname and my husbands producer name.
2. How would you describe your musical style? Progressive! We like to blend styles and genres. 3. What or Who inspired your style? We are inspired by music from all over the world. Percussion plays a large part in our stylings. 4. What do you want to be known for? Doing good work and doing good business.
5. When is your favorite time to create and do you have any rituals to help with the process?
I like to create near water and Sizz likes to create in mood driven environments. We try to create good vibes wherever we go, it's very important to our process.
6. What has been the hardest part being a black female and becoming a music producer in the entertainment industry?
As a women it's important to protect your essence. Every idea, vision and creative thought you have must be protected. In an industry where you will be compared and critiqued don't forget the following: who you are, who you want to be in the future and why your started. The hardest part is not conforming to someone else's standard. There's so much pressure to fit into someone else's mold. Dare to be different!
7. What would you tell your younger self when it comes to being a producer?
Nothing I am proud of my journey. Every bump and road block helped to shape my essence.
8. What is your process when creating for a client?
Listen, listen and listen some more. Even if I've heard the story hundreds of times, I listen anyway. My job as a storyteller is to tell my clients story, therefore, I cannot assume anything. 9. What are some hardships you have encountered along your journey as of now?
Know your value and know when to walk away. I will walk away from anything that disrespects my marriage or my time.
10. What have been 3 key points in branding yourself and/or building your client base?
Have a premium product, create awareness and always deliver.
11. What advice would you give to a female producer just starting out?
Create your own blueprint.
12. What is Soundboard?
A monthly event where Sizz and I combine live music, live production, craft cocktails and small bites. Studio No.7 is such an amazing space and the vibes are very similar to what it's like being in the studio with us - just live.
For more info:
Milk+ Sizz Music • Radio to Tower [SESAC]
Stay connected with Milk+Sizz on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @MilknSizz or visit www.MilknSizz.com for the latest news.