Beautiful, Multi-talented and Ambitious are just three words to describe her. I spoke over my day and planned my outfit out with my niece and sister's assistance in L.A. More and more I was getting confirmation that I was doing what I was suppose to do and what I always had a passion for - supporting and empowering women. The event I was attending in August by Hustle, Honey was perfect - believing the women I would meet would be ones I could collaborate and/or network with in the future. I desired more liked minded women around me. I wanted those that were actively pursuing their passions and purpose in a certain way. At the Mirror Mirror event in L.A. I met quite a few of them. One in particular commented on my floral dress and asked "Who I was and what did I do"? She did it with such confidence that was still welcoming as I admired her floral dress as well. It was a small collection (about 5) that were inspired to adorn themselves in stunning floral "gowns" - as I like to call them. After I answered her questions she invited me to take a picture with her ( picture can be viewed at the end of the q&a). I then learned that she was responsible for the "tiffany blue" style box display near us. I asked if I could get a picture with her vision and passion she calls " Happy Dot Box". Now, I would like to introduce you to a giver of happiness and empowerment Courtney.
CEO and Founder of "Happy Dot Box" Courtney Copeland is on a mission to bring more happiness + beauty to the world while being a Philanthropist to small business owners. While using her God given talent of singing for celebrities such as Madonna, 2Pac and even Britney Spears, Courtney still had a desire that wasn't being fulfilled. With her mom, she learned the importance of being active in the community and developed a dream of her own that would give her a true sense of purpose. Courtney took her years of experience in the cosmetic world and volunteering for small companies to establish a brand that will give back and encourage.
Happy Dot Box is a lifestyle brand that delivers happiness to your doorstep monthly. Every month is themed with luxury deluxe sample sized beauty products. When opening your Happy Dot Box you will discover messages that promote inner beauty and happiness intended for yourself-improvement. Happy Dot Box is all about giving back and heightening social awareness about different non-profit organizations. Every month a different charity will receive 5% of your membership fee.
I recently did an interview with Courtney. Check it out below.
Q & A
1. Were you named after someone?
2. Where did the idea of "Happy Dot Box" come from?
I wanted to be able to promote something that came from my heart instead of my head. It is important that I feel good working on my passion. Delivering happiness to doorsteps seemed like the obvious thing to do.
3.What or Who inspired you? My mother. She worked at an animal shelter non-profit for 27 years and had me volunteering from a young age. On weekends, I would bathe some of the animals from the shelter and took them to visit the elderly people in retirement homes. As a business owner, I always wanted to have a non-profit. I was able to make my dream come true by having a company that helped many non-profits.
I’ve been an entrepreneur since I was 16. Having been through the ups and downs of being a business owner, I wanted to do something that helped the small business owners in the massive world of cosmetic sales.
4. What did you want to be when you were a child? I wanted to be a singer since the first grade. I actually got signed as a performing vocal artist out of my first year in college and dropped out to pursue that dream. I’ve been lucky enough to sing on the albums of 2Pac, Britney Spears and Madonna, to name a few. Needless to say, hanging out with the cool kids just wasn’t fulfilling enough. 5. What were you doing before you started forming the "Happy Dot Box"?
I was making cosmetic extension products for other brands as an independent company. 6. What has been the hardest part in developing and maintaining your brand so far? The hardest part in developing my brand is that it's hard to choose the best products from a large amount of great choices. I’ve also had to devote a lot of time to develop programs that support my non-profits. So many fun things to create and not enough time.
7. What would you tell your younger self when it comes to where you are now in life?
If I can dream it; I can become it!
I fortunately was born with a strong sense of ambition. Just very curious and wanting to try the world.
Secondly, my mother did a fantastic job raising me and programing me from a young age to believe the two most valuable affirmations: “I am loved” and “I am enough”
8. What do you want to be known for?
Helping others and providing tools to make people happy.
9. What have been 3 key points in branding yourself? I’ve never been interested in branding myself; only my brands.
10. What advice would you give to someone wanting to start their own subscription box?
Just Do it!
Now for some fun questions.
11. Where is your favorite place to eat in California? “Madeo Restaurant” is a classic staple and one of my all time favorites.
12. What is your must have beauty item? Lipstick of course : ) With Lipstick a girl can conquer anything : )
13. How would you describe your personal style?
Yoga pants or a cute dress. 1 to 100 and nothing in between lol.
14. What is your next dream or goal?
My next goal is to complete my concept for a happiness experience that many can attend and enjoy!
For more information @happydotbox or happydotbox.com or follow Courtney on instagram @cope_143
event photography by Hologram Productions